Fontmatrix

Re: [Undertype-users] Feisty or Gutsy packages?

intrigeri ·

Hello,

Tim Boyden wrote (13 Dec 2007 02:02:07 GMT) :
> I've been using Scribus for awhile now and have finally convinced my
> company to start using it for it's page layout work via a netboot
> client network using Edubuntu. One of the issues that have come up
> is font management. After reading the entry on the rant.scribus.org
> blog, I thought I'd give Fontmatrix a try. I have the Scribus
> repositories in my sources.list but Fontmatrix doesn't seem to be in
> those repositories. Are there other repositories I need to add to be
> able to apt-get Fontmatrix?

A package is supposed to be uploaded soon to Debian sid (unstable), on
which is based every Ubuntu release.
See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=454629
for details.

I don’t know well the Ubuntu release process, so I don’t know if this
package will be there on time to make its way into Hardy.
See https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+bug/175305 to track progress in
this field.

Anyway, once Fontmatrix is maintained in Debian, it should be quite
easy to maintain packages/backports for Ubuntu. I thus think it makes
sense to wait a few days for this Debian package to be ready, rather
than duplicating packaging work.

Bye,
--
  intrigeri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  | gnupg key @ http://intrigeri.boum.org/intrigeri.asc
  | If you must label the absolute, use it's proper name: Temporary.

_______________________________________________
Undertype-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/undertype-users

In this thread

From the undertype-users mailing list at Gna!, as archived by The Mail Archive. All messages.