Re: [Undertype-users] Error on first startup
Russ Fineman ·
On Thursday 20 December 2007 01:30:44 pm you wrote: > Hi Russ, > > > I just downloaded and installed FontMatrix using SUSE 10.2 YaST. It > > appears to install OK but the directories ~/.fonts-reserved/fonts.data is > > empty, also reserved-fonts. I get the following error message including > > the wierd characters. > > Seems thatâs the first time you run Fontmatrix, if not thereâs a > > problem loading the data file /home/"username > > here"/.fonts-reserved/fonts.data. > > All seems normal, the weird chars are just bad encoded "’" as I banned this > sh... which computer guys think it’s an apostroph from my keyboard - a side > effect of my maniac mood :) Actually the weird characters did not bother me, I get then on Konqueror a lot with some web page. > It basically just says it’s the first time you run Fontmatrix. Before you > have something to manage, you’ll have to import uninstalled font files in > Fontmatrix, then you’ll can activate those you want to use. Keep in mind > it’s intended to manage users fonts, the fonts peoples like us would put in > $HOME/.fonts/ otherwise. I understood you have to import fonts but I never get to the GUI. After the message is OK'd nothing comes up for FontMatrix. Is there a manual step I need to do? Where do the uninstalled font files come from. I have the default fonts that came with the distro, MS Fonts installed thru KDE from my old Windows files before I did away with windows, Adobe reader fonts,etc. > > But you’re right, it would be cool to set something with a type designer > who produces free font and distribute it with Fontmatrix as "your first > step with..." > > I hope I understood you right. You didn’t tell about crash, did you? Thanks for the response.
Should I reply direct to you or send it to the list as the default reply appears to be direct to you. -- Russ Linux register user 441463 _______________________________________________ Undertype-users mailing list [email protected] https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/undertype-users
In this thread
- Russ Fineman
- Russ Fineman
- Pierre Marchand
- Russ Fineman
- Pierre Marchand
From the undertype-users mailing list at Gna!, as archived by The Mail Archive. All messages.