Re: [Undertype-users] Error on first startup
Pierre Marchand ·
> I understood you have to import fonts but I never get to the GUI. After the > message is OK'd nothing comes up for FontMatrix.
So, it’s a crash. With the version you use, there are many way for Fontmatrix to crash. To help you, we need at least error messages when it runs in console, and, if you’re not unfamiliar with developpement tools, a backtrace would be useful too. To be honest, if the crash is not trivial, I won’t spend hours to fix it in 0.2 and rather advise you to jump to the last trunk revision. I guess it can sounds rude, but there are legitimate reasons to this. First of all, I just have two hands, and 0.2 was mostly aimed to show there’s a new project around. Version 0.3 (sheduled for first week of january) will be yet more reliable. But in my mind, you’ll need to wait at least version 0.6 or 0.7 to have something, if not rock solid, you can work with without fear - we might call it "Sans peur et sans reproche." :) Until this, "features" is the master word. On the other hand, don’t misunderstand me, I’m available to help you solving your problem, if it does not involve rewriting Fontmatrix. > Should I reply direct to you or send it to the list as the default reply > appears to be direct to you. Obviously, it has to be sent directly to the list. I made it wrong yesterday, but as far as you quoted allmost all my message, you solved problem. -- Pierre Marchand http://www.oep-h.com _______________________________________________ Undertype-users mailing list [email protected] https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/undertype-users
In this thread
- Russ Fineman
- Russ Fineman
- Pierre Marchand
- Russ Fineman
- Pierre Marchand
From the undertype-users mailing list at Gna!, as archived by The Mail Archive. All messages.