[Undertype-users] Fwd: Fwd: Tags questions and reflexions (in french)
Bruno Delsupexhe ·
---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Bruno Delsupexhe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: 20 janv. 2008 19:35 Subject: Re: Fwd: Tags questions and reflexions (in french) To: Pierre Marchand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Le 19/01/08, Pierre Marchand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit : > > Thanks for the light Pierre ;-) Here is how i would like FM and I act together. (My dreams are beyond this). A friend uses FM and has prepared an export file on cd for me with all the fonts i'll have to use for the job he's asking me. I browse this file with FM. It shows me the fonts (as actually) and let me choose if i want to import all of them or only a few ones. I take all. Then FM highlights duplicates : I've allready Arial.ttf but it's a 2.0 version and the cd has a 3.0 version. About Times.ttf, it's the contrary because i own 3.0 and the import proposes V. 2.0. It lets me compare (seeing both together) the 2 versions to be sure they are full sets and exclude a "fine tuned version" that would have been modified by Fontforge in a bad way. Then i choose what to do with each : add (even if same name)/ replace /ignore the import font. All these fonts are then marked as being part of JOB_N°X so i can find them all back easily. I activate them and work. I miss a Script font. I search all the fonts ON the pc to find a font name containing script, or a tagged one named script. Not happy with what i find, i'll search my NAS directory. I browse it (included zip files). I keep searching because i'm sure i must have the one i search. It was in my printed FontBook version that remains at my job's office. Well, i don't use it to much because 1- i change to often my font collection : it increases, i delete some oldies, i buy some new ones, i replace ttf by otf... Always having to print all the fontbook isn't really needed, and if i only print the new ones, they are not sorted by name. Btw, i do not usually search them by name, but more by categories... Or anything else. It depends of the job. Because my folders are allready dividing my fonts according the alphabetical order. 2- I don't have a printer at home ((true). Back to job, just have to find this font back where i moved it... I know it's an otf... I remember : i bought a cd onces with special fonts for school works. Search in the cd (still FM that seeks the directories), browse the results... Found : i import it and add it to be part of the JOB_N°X too. Well, everything is done ! I prepare my export file to use it on my Windows laptop ( ;-) ) with Scribus. Never know if i have to modify something or not. Everything is done. I deactivate all the fonts except my favorite ones and my system fonts. I take my wife and go to the restaurant to meet you so we can all dance together and have a drink in the honor of this wonderful software. :-D Brunod I'd like to say how I expect Fontmatrix to be used, maybe it will bring > light > on how it works (or does not!). > 1/ Import font directories in Fontmatrix :) > 2/ Print a fontbook > 3/ When a job comes, first choose fonts in the fontbook > 4/ Check technical characteristics of these fonts in Fontmatrix > 5/ Tag the definitive choice of fonts with the name of the job > 6/ Print a more detailed fontbook with just these fonts > 7/ Activate them > 8/ Do the job > 9/ Deactivate them and put the fontbook in the customer folder. > 10/ Go to restaurant, at the dancing-room, drink good wine, etc. GOTO 3 > > > -- > Pierre Marchand > http://www.oep-h.com > >
_______________________________________________ Undertype-users mailing list [email protected] https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/undertype-users
In this thread
- Pierre Marchand
- Bruno Delsupexhe
From the undertype-users mailing list at Gna!, as archived by The Mail Archive. All messages.