Re: [Undertype-users] Cosmos BQ ok in fontmatrix but...
Olivier BERTEN ·
Most of applications in the PC world don't deal very well with developed font families. You could probably use the fonts correctly with professional typesetting software like Scribus, InDesign or QuarkXPress.By the way there seems to be also naming problems in the windows name fields, maybe because of some mac-to-pc conversion...
The Peach a écrit :
Hi all I'm sorry if I bother you with these questions, but I didn't know where to ask.A friend of mine, mac user, gave me a font for a graphic work he's unable to do. The font is a TTF, called Cosmos BQ, Medium, Light, Light Italic and Extra Bold.This said, I "installed" the font in my /usr/share/fonts/TTF dir and updated the font dir and started to notice that the applications where behaving strangely: the medium format isn't recognized, for example gimp see two versions of Extra Bold. Fontmatrix see all 4 of them correctly and apparently there's no mismatch between naming or such things. Just a side note: under windows (this thing frustated me so much I wanted to investigate further) the 4 fonts overlap themselfs, and I can see only the ExtraBold.... What am I doing wrong? Again: this is quite OT, but I didn't know where to ask, if you have some other place to recommend me, feel free to tell me :)
_______________________________________________ Undertype-users mailing list [email protected] https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/undertype-users
In this thread
- The Peach
- Pierre Marchand
- Olivier BERTEN
From the undertype-users mailing list at Gna!, as archived by The Mail Archive. All messages.