Fontmatrix

Re: [Undertype-users] fontmatrix and truetype collections

Pierre Marchand ·

Vous (Sean Edison-Albright) avez écrit :
> I'm running fontmatrix 0.4.2 on OpenSUSE 11.1, and I noticed that it
> does not seem to handle .ttc (TrueType Collections).  Since fontforge
> and OpenOffice.org, for example, do seem to be able to use these
> files, I'm wondering if this is a missing feature or if I might have
> some misconfiguration somewhere. 

Hi Sean,

It’s a limitation of Fontmatrix. Fontmatrix relies on the file system to 
ensure unicity of a font, thus it would be very difficult to handle type 
collections the same way as regular font files. OTOH, I’ve started to work on 
a generalized extracting mechanism which could be used in this case too.

-- 
Pierre Marchand
http://www.oep-h.com



_______________________________________________
Undertype-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/undertype-users

In this thread

From the undertype-users mailing list at Gna!, as archived by The Mail Archive. All messages.